Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Caribou hoo...

So I'm at caribou studying which means I've had the supreme privledge to ease drop on a lot of conversations. And its been a productive venture, as I think I've made quite the observation which has brought clarity to me about my former (journalism/english major) and future (biology/chemistry) lives. I think I finally understand the difference between the sciences and the humanities... Science majors talk about things that most people don't understand and humanity majors talk about things about which most people don't care.

But before either, both, or neither side tries to sue me for slander let me say that I think they both have their merits. For one, I am the new master of the intricacies of transcription, yay! Also, I was able to correctly construct a sentence about humanities majors and the relative importance of their conversation topics. (Notice the placement of "about" is not at the end of the sentence... ps- I failed the spelling and grammar test 11 times before I passed, damn near close to breaking the record of 13, which I would have if I had had the time)

As enlightening as an afternoon spent in Caribou can be, I think the big picture conclusion I've drawn from these observations is that regardless of your major, interests, or level of intelligence you always sound like a pompous blow hole when you spout off about anything in a public place for an extended period of time.

I'm talking to you poli sci graduate student; nationalism is not a disease of ignorance, you are.

And the sophomores psychoanalyzing their friend's boyfriend's most recent faux pas... to your argument of "Whatever", my rebuttal is "Whatever, lock it up".

And you, feminist "I want equal pay for equal work"; yeah me too, but real feminist don't wear low cut tops and twirl their hair at a boy while they yak at him. If you want equal pay for equal work, may I suggest you look into jobs with minimum wage because no one should ever pay you to think.

So in the future Caribou patrons, public rants are best served in print, so get a blog, its why we invented the internet.


Latte Count: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment