Wednesday, November 4, 2009

So I heard somewhere that you should never apologize for a prolonged blogging absence, so i'll skip right to the point. I was once again inspired to write. Or really I thought that an email I wrote to my good friend Porter was a relevant update on my life for the general masses, so enjoy!


"Porter....I started drinking coffee... I believe this is tantamount to when you first started drinking beer. I believe this due to my experience with a Diet Coke habit you may have noticed over the past few years. I enjoy a well carbonated cancer promoting artificially sweetened can of heaven on earth. But as wonderful as all those attributes of DIet Coke are; and each certainly contributes its own special something to the Diet Coke addict's insatiable love for the stuff; the real hook to that fantastic elixir is the caffeine.

And so we have come to the crux of my dilemma. If caffeine is the true love behind my Diet Coke affair, just imagine what a coffee habit could do to me. I can only expect it to be a constant, slightly detrimental but ever present fixture in my life for the rest of my days. But i draw comfort in knowing that I am in good company of those that commit a piece of themselves, a piece of their souls to a love of a liquid. Hemingway was a genius b/c of liquior, Porter b/c of beer, and thus I am destined to be better thanks to the piece of myself I willingly have given over to the care of coffee."

Latte Count: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment